2/03/2014

Unexpected Favourite | LA Girl Pro Conceal

Concealer is one of those things that I’m never quite excited about buying. It seems like I’m spending obscene amounts of money just to look a little more human, and a little less like the walking dead. There’s nothing glamorous about it, which makes me reluctant to drop the dollars. Wouldn’t it be great if there were some magical product that produced quality and lasting power without having to drop 30$ at a time? Well, I think I’ve found it in the LA Girl Pro Conceal.

I originally purchased these concealers on a whim. I ordered them online from ikatehouse for $1.99 a pop after hearing a few smatterings of good reviews. Best decision I’ve made in quite some time. These concealers are absolutely incredible. They come in 18 different shades, so there is definitely something for everyone. These concealers dry to a matte finish with an extremely high coverage, but don’t crease in the slightest. They are also quite thick. Not uncomfortably so, but definitely enough to stop them from dripping. They also have the longest lasting power of any concealer I have ever purchased. For two dollars. This is absolutely one of the best concealers I have ever used, not even kidding. I have never been so shocked and impressed by an affordable product. 

I’m not particularly fond of the brush tip twist up applicator, but I can deal. I would choose this over a lot of my higher end concealers in a heartbeat. If I were to liken it to another product consistency wise, I would say it is similar to MAC Prolongwear concealer. Except perhaps a touch thicker than even that. And better coverage. 

The three shades that I have here Toffee, Chestnut, and Toast. I purchased three because at that price, I might as well! Toffee is perfect for under the eyes, Chestnut is a perfect shade match for me, and Toast is just slightly too cool toned for me.

Overall, I absolutely suggests these to anyone who loves high coverage concealers like I do. Seriously. Two dollars. I don’t know how I’ll ever be able to validate my expensive concealers again.

16 comments:

  1. These sound amazing, and an absolute bargain too. I really love the fact that they don't crease. Thanks for sharing :)x

    The Belle Narrative - Enter my fabulous MAC Makeup Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth checking out if you can.

      Delete
  2. PLEASE do a video where you show how you apply it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll either do an updated foundation routine featuring them or a highlighting and contouring video featuring them sometime in the next few weeks!

      Delete
  3. Seems like such a great product ! I am always looking for a better concealer !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love budget finds! I haven't heard much about this brand but maybe I'll have to look into getting this concealer. Great post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love when super affordable products pay off. Will have to check these out! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid more for shipping than I did for these concealers. And shipping wasn’t even that expensive. When does that ever happen?

      Delete
  6. They sound great and for that price I might give them a try!

    xx
    http://www.analeote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh I've been dying to get my hands on these! I'm obsessed with my nars radiant creamy concealer, but you really can't beat 2 dollar concealer!

    http://thewanderlustproject.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can’t. I love that concealer too, but I love having something on the more affordable end to use more often. That way I can kind of reserve that one for when I’m feeling a little more fancy, you know?

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for this post been trying to get this concealer for a couple of weeks now!

    [new blog post up on brazillian hair]
    LifeWithFrancesca x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these I have toffee and I use toast to contour sometimes :)

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this line of concealer. Does a great job at a fantastic price. Great Post!

    KT
    www.KTRstyle.com

    ReplyDelete