2/09/2014

In Current Rotation | Week #3

This week my skin has been acting a fool. It’s developed a less than smooth texture and there is one zit that just won’t leave my face alone. I’ve managed to avert too much attention to my skin with bold lips and brows. Here’s what’s gotten the job done.
My go to base for the week has been Nars Sheer Glow in ‘Trinidad’. I’ve really had to bump up the coverage without going all cake face. This has a really lovely skin like finish and lasts for ages. Purchasing a pump has been a necessity though. For the price, it should really come with one. To give me some subtle glow, I’ve been mixing my base with the Revlon Photoready Skinlights in ‘Bronze Light’. It adds a bit more of a luminous look without being over the top.

In terms of lips, I have an old flame and a new love. The old flame is Tom Ford ‘Black Orchid’. It is a beautiful rich deep berry tone with a glossy finish. Unfortunately this shade has been discontinued but   there are a ton of similar shades on the market. When I’m feeling a little more subtle I’ve turned to Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick ‘Maple Kiss’. It is a slightly more orange toned mlbb shade. Not quite nude but definitely subtle enough to wear on a day to day basis.

For eyes I’ve been using this inexpensive Essence Duo in ‘Irresistible Chocolates’. It’s quick, easy, and has amazing colour payoff for something that cost less than five dollars.

Last but not least, we’ve got the eyebrow situation. When my skin is less than perfect, I love emphasizing a strong brow. Who am I kidding, I always love a strong brow. I have been absolutely obsessed with the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in ‘Chocolate’. I would liken this product to gel eyeliner for the brows. It is really smooth to apply and is ridiculously pigmented. It’s also waterproof which makes it perfect for working out in. Wait, you don’t workout in your eyebrows? Awkward.

There you have it my current loves. What have you been really into?

32 comments:

  1. Tom Ford has the prettiest packaging. I want something of his just so I can look at it... maybe thats not justified... hmm.

    Emily | PENNY RUGBURN 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so luxe. Love it.

    x http://tiaelisabeth.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been obsessing over NARs Sheer Matte…I wonder why no one likes it? I feel like it’s the perfect matte foundation because it has the most beautiful satin finish. It has a sheer-medium coverage and it shows some pigmentation, so it looks completely natural. It’s a flawless foundation. I’ve heard too much tai about the Dipbrow…I’m convinced I need it in my life.

    E | Beauty/Skincare | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I’ve never tried it, but I’ve thought about it! I just always think choose glowing finishes over matte ones. Dipbrow is phenom though. Definitely try it

      Delete
  4. i wanna try out nars sheer glow so bad but i've combination oily skin :( and i live in such a humid country, sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it’s really not as dewy as you may think. It’s definitely more skin-like than anything and looks great sheered out with a beauty blender. Get a sample from somewhere if you can.

      Delete
  5. I've been hearing a lot about the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade recently and I'm rather interested in giving it a go. I haven't heard of similar products out there!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The unique factor is definitely what drew me in.

      Delete
  6. The NARS Sheer glow is so perfect and leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft when it's applied. Great review and I hope your skin starts acting more to your liking. ;)

    Always,
    Mostly Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks haha. It’s definitely more manageable these days.

      Delete
  7. The Brow Pomade has been super popular lately - it's a super interesting concept! I'm excited for the Maybelline Buffs collection to land where I live as I can never find the right shade of nude for my skintone!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely will find something in this collection. It has such lovely nudes. Quite a few of them have peaked my interest, but I’m pacing myself

      Delete
  8. The Dipbrow!! Oh I've been trying to get my hands on this since it came out, but me being in Australia... I'll just have to wait a little longer :(

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame. Let me know how you like it when you get it!

      Delete
  9. Can't believe Black Orchid was discontinued x

    ReplyDelete
  10. All so pretty!

    I love that Tom Ford Lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That. Tom. Ford. Lipstick. I just read Coco's comment saying it was discontinued, and now I want to cry. Travesty. Nice selection though :) T xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travesty is the perfect word for what it is! I’m sure it will eventually come back though. The good ones always do.

      Delete
  12. Nice blog post !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post! I really want to try Nars Sheer Glow it seems to be a product that everyone is loving :)
    For sure have to get this next time I go to Sephora.

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! Or at least grab a sample if you can. I went sample crazy the other day in Sephora and left with like 5 different samples.

      Delete
  14. Lovely picks! Black Orchid is such a stunning, classic shade and I'm curious about the Anastasia brow pomade. Their powder duo is my holy grail brow product :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Urgh, I wish I knew how to make my eyebrows look better! Life would be so much nicer. I'd probably find some creative way to smudge brows while working out. Then I'd walk around with half my face lopsided because I'm just that foolish.

    I love the look of the Tom Ford lipstick. I keep seeing TF products online this week. I'm taking that as encouragement to buy some.

    Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say?

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Eyebrows definitely take work. No one wakes up with lovely brows. Unless they do. In which case I hate them.

      Delete
  16. The Tom Ford lipstick is so pretty, I wish they were more affordable :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely wish they were more affordable too. Maybe I would have more of them! Haha

      Delete