1/28/2014

Review | bareMinerals Original Foundation


I’ve always been a frequenter of liquid foundation. We’ve been through it all together; my late teens when I caked it on too much, and later when I wore shades that were a tad too dark for me. But now we’ve finally come out on top. I can (for the most part) match my colour in minutes, and apply it with ease. I’ve learned that less is more with liquid foundation. We’re happy together.  But I think I’ve found something a little better.

Sometimes I crave something that feels like absolutely nothing, but can still offer me great coverage. Here enters the bareMinerals Original Foundation. It used five pure ingredients and buffs on like nothing I have ever used before. I am crazy in love with stuff. I want to sing my love for it from the rooftops. Instead, I’ll just blog about it.


With this foundation, you really just have to buff it and forget it. It is also so much easier to apply than traditional liquid foundations. Within seconds I have even coverage without ever having splotchy patches on my face. I used a Sonia Kashuk blush brush to buff it in, but I’ve found that the Real Techniques Buffing brush does a great job as well. Any dense brush will get the job done. Pictured below, I’ve just applied a bit of concealer on my face and buffed in the foundation. My shade is Golden Dark for reference. 


Can I also say that I really appreciate the packaging? The twisting top locks into a closed position, making it impossible to have handbag disasters. This is a major bonus for me because makeup always seems to find a way to ruin my favourite bags. Not this time. 

Does it offer flawless coverage by itself? No, but that’s not what I wanted from it. I have full coverage liquid foundation for that. With both an original and matte formula, and boasting a 20 colour shade range, they’ve got you covered. Mineral foundation is best suited for those who want an even base that looks completely natural. Or for those prefer a little extra sleep in the morning (every minute counts). I fall into both categories and thoroughly enjoy every second of using this. 

25 comments:

  1. YES! I've recently discovered this foundation (I am definitely a little late >.<) and I just fell in love with it, but I use it to set my foundation to give it a bit of extra coverage :D

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how smooth and natural it looks on you. The locking top is a brilliant idea, I make a mess out of loose powders way too many times!

    xx becky / star-violet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don’t know why all loose powders don’t lock? It makes so much more sense.

      Delete
  3. So so pretty! I've tried bare minerals in the past and they have always looked so ashy and grey on me. Reading this is making me think that maybe I should give it another go. You look gorgeous!

    http://thewanderlustproject.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks! Definitely give it another try, I’m definitely in love.

      Delete
  4. You are such a beauty ! Nice blog post !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bareminerals will always be close to my heart, after discovering it over ten years ago when my skin was a disaster. It has been a life saver, face saver and all round favourite product to use. I have always gotten compliments when wearing this. It matches perfectly come winter or summer. Love it!!! It look fabulous on you :) xxx

    http://blondeteaparty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I don’t know why it took me so long to love!

      Delete
  6. It makes your skin look flawless! :D Bareminerals never let you down :D

    Esther | SILVANNIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried Bareminerals before but I've always been interested. I'll definitely be considering this.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm deffo going to try this we look about the same skin tone aswell. Thanks for the recommendation

    Stella | Electrik Flowers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. This is definitely a good one to try. Although, I do hear that Tarte has a great one too.

      Delete
  10. I love the idea of these kinds of powder foundations so much! Although I am curious as to what the lasting power is like? and what kind of skin type you have. I have quite oily skin so I'm rather cautious to try out any kind of powder foundation as I feel like it probably wouldn't last long enough to be worth it. I'd love to hear back from you. :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite normal to skin, but I find that this lasts on me all day. Without touch up. Mind you, I’m pretty lazy about touching up anyways, but I’ve definitely come home after long days and found that my face looks the same.

      Delete
  11. I LOVE your blog header :) Do you prefer pressed powder or loose powder? I have wanted to try bareMinerals powders before, but I don't really like using loose powder :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely prefer loose powder. I just feel like it gives a more natural finish, and I’m way less likely get cakey with it. But that you about the blog header! My boyfriend actually designed it!

      Delete
  12. I've never tried a mineral foundation before. Probably because I watched a beauty video in which the vlogger said mix it with water first and it just seemed like such a hassle. Do you just apply it the way it is?

    Your skin looks flawless!

    P.s. that blush brush is inspiring some serious envy on this side!

    Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say?

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mix it with water? Ain’t nobody got time for that. I just apply it as is. Takes mere seconds. Give it a try!

      Delete
  13. Wow... I've been doing it all wrong! I've had my Bare Minerals powder for years but I never thought to buff it in for more coverage -- I've always used it as a light dusting to set & control oil. Your face looks luminous :) Will try!

    Quinn
    www.Desgettier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A light dusting sounds great too! I’ll have to give that a try.

      Delete