1/26/2014

In Current Rotation | Week #2

This week has been about trying some new makeup that I’ve recently purchased. I’ve loved all of it, so here are the highlights.

LA Girl Pro Conceal ‘Chestnut'
This concealer is a newer purchase of mine and I absolutely love it. I would liken the consistency to that of the MAC Pro Longwear concealer, except perhaps a touch thicker. It is very thick with amazingly high coverage and is definitely a new favourite. A full review of these concealers is on its’ way later on this week.

Bite Agave Lip Mask
You don’t have to go have to go too far back to hear me sing the praises of this lip mask here. It is nothing short of perfection and is a must for frequent lipstick wearers. 

bareMinerals Mineral Foundation ‘Golden Dark’
This is another product that is a slightly newer purchase for me. I am trying to broaden my foundation horizons and mineral foundation was a pool I had never quite dipped my toes into. It is extremely easy to apply and is the most natural looking base that I have ever used. You can watch my first impression in action here.

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural ‘N9 Copper Pink'
This is a deluxe sample of a lipstick that I received from Sephora because my birthday is next week. It is a gorgeous pinky brown nude that really suits my skin tone. It is glossy and hydrating and I love the formula. I’ve never tried any MUFE lipsticks before, but this may have me changing my tune.

theBalm Instain Blush 'Swiss Dot’
Swiss Dot is a really flattering pinky blush that stays around forever.  It’s buttery soft with minimal fallout. I also really appreciate how slim the packaging is because storing my plethora of makeup is becoming an issue. This is no fuss; just an easy and flattering blush.

MAC ‘Antiqued’ Shadow
A gorgeous pearly brown shade. I’ve been quite lazy with eyeshadow and so this has been perfect to just sweep over my eyelid in a rush. A bit of colour without looking too over the top.

What are you currently loving?

29 comments:

  1. MAC Antiqued looks gorgeous! I'm currently loving MAC Naked Lunch with Folie in the crease. I actually just filmed my everyday makeup look with it that should be up next friday. Thanks for sharing these products!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, can’t wait to check out your everyday makeup look!

      Delete
  2. Antiqued is so pretty and the concealer sounds great. I've seen LA Girl products but have never tried any x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So worth it, and they are ridiculously well priced.

      Delete
  3. Antiqued is such a gorgeous shade! I haven't looked at it in stores yet, but it looks like I will have to!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. It’s subtle, but enough

      Delete
  4. I really like your makeup bag! As everyone else mentioned, I think Antiqued is pretty as well. I love the shades that you can sweep on in a hurry, and you'll still turn out looking polished.

    xx becky / star-violet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bag was part of a lovely Christmas present.

      Delete
  5. I'm obsessed with the Bite Lip Mask, it's such a blessing for my dry winter lips <3

    I'm so glad I found your blog! If you'd like to follow each other, I'd be happy to keep in touch! Just let me know on my blog :)

    xo
    Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. The lip mask is everything I would ever want in a lip product.

      Delete
  6. Ah I have and love Swiss Dot too - isn't it pretty :) I love the look of Antiqued, what a gorgeous shade!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swiss Dot is great! I feel like these blushes are s underrated, I rarely hear anyone talk about them.

      Delete
  7. I like your makeup picks Dejhana, especially the Bareminerals! It looked gorgeous on you! That blush looks lovely too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate that. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for stopping by :) Thought I would pop over to see what you write - just something I do! How have I not found your little corner of the internet sooner?

    Great post doll - I think I should try mineral powder foundation soon. I have actualy been discussing it with the BM girls I work with!

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! You should definitely give it a try soon. I would recommend it to absolutely every one.

      Delete
  10. Youre gorgeous! great picture for this post as well - i love bare minerals! its the best!
    xxCarrie
    www.alittledose.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I purchased the Bite Beauty Lip Mask because of your review and I LOVE it! It plumps up my lips overnight so much that I look like I've gotten lip injections. And best of all, the first night that I used it I didn't exfoliate my lips, but they were smoothed out with absolutely no cracking by the time I woke up. That never happens, even when I exfoliate and slather on multiple layers of lip balm throughout the evening. I don't think I'll ever use anything else, so thanks for letting me know about it!

    teenbeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you bought and liked it! That makes me so happy.

      Delete
  12. I always see such pretty MAC eye shadows on blogs but can never find them in store. Antiqued looks like a nice daytime option.

    I've got to also say that theBalm blusher looks good too.

    Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say?

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make a list the next time you go to MAC! I always have a running list on my phone of beauty things I want to check out...But that’s probably because I’m crazy.

      Delete
  13. hello instain blushes!!! the balm's blushs look so good and i've been wanting to pick one up for a while. i just can't justify it with my already overloaded blush stash ready but i'm glad you get to rock it for those of us who can't lol.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. I can never justify buying anything these days. But somehow I keep doing it.... The addiction is an issue.

      Delete
  14. How do you use the LA Girl Pro Concealer? Is it under eye application cause I've heard people say Toffee is better? Looking to try some of it sounds like its really good but Im not quite sure which one to go for specifically for under eye definition :P any recommendations? :)

    http://myshekere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use chestnut for my face application but I do have toffee and use that for under my eyes. It works amazingly well and gives the perfect highlight without creasing. I’ll dedicate a whole post to it on either monday or tuesday.

      Delete
  15. Beautiful picks! I have that Holts makeup bag too. Loving your blog- am your newest follower! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete